Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tuesday Tunes #12


Hey there! It's Tuesday Tunes, where I share a new musical discovery with you and invite you to join in too. In last week's post my husband shared his musical pick {see it here}. And this week's pick is a a guaranteed booty shaker...

I don't remember exactly how I found Miriam Makeba, but it was part of my on-going artists to check out. After hearing her music and learning more about her, I saw huge role  she played in history. Actually, I felt a bit ashamed I hadn't known of her before. 

Makeba was a South African activist and singer, who shared about her country and the difficulties during the Apartheid. She was the first African voice to spread this message and music worldwide. Makeba became known as "Mama Africa" and is most famous for this song below.

Cheers to strong women, like Makeba. May the legend live on in us today. 

Now get groovin'..."Pata, Pata", Miriam Makeba.


Do you have a favorite woman artist you admire? What qualities do you admire?

Signature photo Signature_zpsabfa935f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment