Saturday, October 19, 2013

Sweet Mango Salsa


After just watching a documentary called "Food Matters", I'm very eager to implement more raw foods into my daily diet. If you haven't seen this film, I highly recommend it, as nutrition information affects everyone but is something not accessible through mainstream media or medicine. Anyway, the film demonstrates the importance of natural foods and their benefits. 

So the other day I whipped up this super simple salsa recipe. I first learned it in Costa Rica, where all the ingredients were fresh, even the pepper! It's a nice variation of a tomato-based salsa because it's naturally sweeter than mango. Plus, mango is full of tons of vitamins: Vitamin A and betacarotene to name a few.

What you need
- a lime
- a mango
- a bit of onion (I used red, but would suggest white)
- salt & pepper to taste

chop the onion finely -> 
cube and mash mango -> 
squeeze with lime -> 
enhance flavors with a little salt and pepper -> 
Disfruta tu creación (enjoy your creation) with chips, on tacos or even as a salad dressing!

Signature photo Signature_zpsabfa935f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment