Thursday, October 31, 2013

Hallow's Eve {pictures + puree}


Hey friends, happy Halloween!! I hope you like bad cheesy jokes, because I've got one. (If you're looking for Pumpkin Puree recipe, it's at the bottom of this post!)


What's it called when someone makes magically delicious sandwiches?


v


v


v


v




Haha! Thanks to Jan for this photo from last winter...I knew it would come in handy ;) Anyway. I was very very excited to find pumpkins here in Peru this year! I'm pretty sure they don't grow here and the hubby had never seen one before. So we had some fun the other day...










Soon after this carving adventure and photo-shoot...I turned our pumpkin head into puree! I found this idea on one of my new favorite reads, The Crunchy Moose (original post). And little did I know, but it was super easy!


A little recipe:

I just added some chancaca (a pure form of sugar), a little olive oil, vanilla extract, and cinnamon to the sliced pumpkin pieces. Then popped in the oven for about an hour. Then I peeled off the skin and pureed the pieces. I was tempted to just use the cooked pumpkin to eat or add to a dessert - they are delicious just like that. Now it's waiting for me to turn it into a delicious creation, or maybe several because it made so much!


Happy hallow's eve to all!

Signature photo Signature_zpsabfa935f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment