Sunday, September 15, 2013

Fall Food Must: Pumpkins!


Hello there, how's it going? Good to have you here on this lovely Sunday. I love seeing how everyone else is diving right into the beautiful fall season in the states! I'm just imagining the trees and the innumerable shades they are turning... But in reality, I'm in Lima and glad to be leaving the foggy days of winter and transitioning into sunnier spring days (t-minus 7 days!).
BUT I would still like to reminisce those things I love about fall! Today I'm linking up with my Snail Mail partner, Elizabeth, and her friend Stephanie for Autumn on My Mind. Every few days there is a different prompt, all about different aspects of autumn. So here we go with today's:
Do you have a favorite food that you associate with fall? This is the time to highlight those yummy fall goodies!

This time of year is all about the pumpkins!!! I love the tradition of the harvest and celebrating Thanksgiving by eating delicious foods! In addition to adding pumpkin spice to everything (coffee and all baked goods), I have 3 pumpkin foods to share.

1. Toasted pumpkin seeds
Every year when I was younger, my family would carve pumpkins. Then my mom would wash and toast the seeds with just a sprinkle of salt. So delicious!


[source]

2. Pumpkin soup
I am also imagining some warm, creamy pumpkin soup. I've had some good butternut squash soups, but would like to try out a pumpkin recipe sometime. This one I found looks like a winner in my book - creamy coconut and with a bit of curry spice. Yum!

[soure]

3. Pumpkin pie
And a Thanksgiving classic favorite in my family is pumpkin pie (with Cool Whip on top). I don't think it was ever home-made but I would like to try that one next time I'm in the states for the big feast. Well, last year I did make a squash pie that turned out pretty tasty {read up on my Thanksgiving in Peru here}.

[source]

Alright, so what are your fall favorites?? Any good recipes to share, I'd love to hear (and take notes)!
Signature photo Signature_zpsabfa935f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment