Thursday, December 5, 2013

Sunshine Award


Good morning all. And wow, it's really December already! It's exciting and slightly nerve-wrecking because so much is happening this month - my birthday is just around the corner, then helping Rafa get ready to move us to a new place, saying goodbye to him,  flying to good old Cali for holiday madness, catching up with family and friends, etc. etc. Doesn't the end of the year always end with a bang? This year feels especially like that.


So, awhile back I was nominated for the Sunshine Award by the lovely Nicole over at Letters from Nicole! I'm so glad she tagged me to participate, thanks Nicole! So here's a whole lot of things about me:

11 Random Facts: 
1. I really love avocados. So delicious in so many ways :)
2. Street art mesmerizes me. {see my Graffiti in Granada post}
3. One day I am going to write a children's book!
4. I am terribly torn between simplicity and excessivity (new word!). I love the feeling of purging things and not having much of anything. But at the same time, I like having little trinkets and art supplies, books. It´s all about balance for me...
5.  One of my favorite hobbies is jewelry-making. I love designing and creating something with my hands.
6. I wear skirts more than pants. They're just so comfortable and feminine!
7. My middle name is Margaret - I was named after both my grandmas (it's their middle name too).
8. I was my own wedding designer {some of my wedding DIYs}
9. In 2011, I posted  a Rock Wrapping video and it seems to have a lot of attention in the YouTube world. 
10. I married my Peruvian sweetie this year.
11. I often smile or laugh to/at myself.


11 Questions from Nicole:
1. What is one thing that defined your childhood?
Rolly-pollies, butterfly catching, and playing in the plants.

2. What is the last book you've read?
The Language of Flowers - this is such a wonderful book! It's about a woman who grew up in foster care and learned to communicate through the meanings of flowers. 

3. What is your favorite holiday and why? 
I love all of the fall/winter holidays. It's just a cozy time of year to be together with friends and family. Plus, pumpkins and peppermint!

4. Which fictional character would you love to meet? 
Hmmm...The Little Prince :)

5. What was your favorite activity in gym class? 
Probably playing volleyball and learning different kinds of dances.

6. Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska and why?
Oh! I'd say Alaska because I've never been there and would love to experience the desolate whiteness that I imagine. After I experience it once I'd choose Hawaii - I love it's tropical weather/plants and the relaxed lifestyle.

7. What would your perfect day consist of?
Taking a hike up to a beautiful lake with friends. Also, cooking a nice meal with my husband and watching an interesting film.

8. What was your first job?
My first job was when I was probably in 8th grade. I started babysitting and tutoring younger kids.

9. Gold or silver?
Silver. I like gold sometimes but not as jewelry - for some reason it seems tacky to me. 

10. Do you collect anything?
Why, yes! I love collecting jars! And I also started a little tea pot collection a few years back.

11. What's your zodiac sign? Do you 'believe' in it?
I'm a Sagittarius. I definitely believe that it can help to understand people and relationships.

Last year in the paradise of Hawaii! 

Bloggers I'm Tagging:
Angela @ The Clutter Box
Jamie @ Ink + Adventure
Any- and everyone else who'd like to join in!

11 Questions.
1. What is one thing you couldn't live without?
2. What's one thing you LOVE about yourself?
3. If you could learn any skill or hobby, what would it be?
4. Where is your 'happy place'?
5. Favorite kids book:
6. A quotation:
7. Piece of advice to a younger you:
8. What song/artist is currently playing?
9. Favorite thing about winter:
10. What's something you aspire to do one day?
11. Where would you like to travel to?

Here are the rules to participate:

  • Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you
  • Share 11 random facts about yourself
  • Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
  • List 11 bloggers
  • Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate and let them know they have been nominated



  • Well, I hope you enjoyed learning about me. What's a fun/weird fact about you??

    Signature photo Signature_zpsabfa935f.png

    No comments:

    Post a Comment