Hello lovelies! Before the DIY project, I'd like to share a great giveaway opportunity my friend Leia is hosting, over at Latitue Adjustment. Sign up and maybe you'll win a pair of some snazzy glasses or shades...Definitely check it out!
DIY: Paper Lantern Lights
While you're here be sure to check out other my other wedding decor craft projects ~ wine wine bottle vases and tin can table lanterns!
My vision with this project was to use Christmas lights for lighting and decoration, but with an added element. This project was perfect! To make these little lanterns, I referenced the blog Poppytalk because it has an easy and visual instructable.
* I used paper a bit thicker than tissue paper. It seems paper should be thin so that the lights will shine through and still be bright. Newspaper would also be a cool effect!
* Use desired colors. Mine were purple and white.
* My cubes turned out about 1 1/2in. x 1 1/2in. Original paper was measured 15cm x 15cm.
* If you need to make a lot, throw a little lantern-making party with some friends! I'm so thankful for all the help I received because they got done so much faster.
Making the lanterns:
* Essentially your lanterns will be balloon origami! Here are the steps:
* You'll blow up the balloons and slip the open end over the light bulbs.
* I recommend doing this after the lights are already hung. It's much easier because they will fall off if moved a lot.* I ended up having so many Christmas lights hung, that I didn't put lanterns on all of the bulbs. But the effect is still apparent and sets a whimsical mood :)
And the final product looks like this!
Thanks for joining me. Isn't this DIY fun and easy!?