Today I'm starting this sweet link-up about my love and I. Thanks to Leia over at Latitude Adjustment for promoting the idea and Sam at The Married Couple for creating this. So on Wednesdays you'll be hearing one aspect of our wedding.
1. how it all began: how you met, first date, first kiss, how long did you date? first picture together.....etc.
2. when you knew he was the one: self explanatory.. but how and when did you know?
3. proposal: how it happened, how long were you engaged for? was it a total surprise? pictures of that... etc.
4. the ring: tell us about it! did you pick it out? did he? pictures! tell us about his ring too!
5. engagement/bridal pictures: let's see em!
6. the colors: show some of the flower and colors you used
7. the dress: was it what you always imagined? did you have it made for you? or ivory?
8. the little accessories: you know, veil? shoes? jewelry? what did your bridesmaids wear?
9. the reception: where was it at? show us some pictures! what day did you get married?
10. the cake/food: i love food. so tell me about what you had at your wedding!
11. your song and/or the first song you danced to at your wedding: share a music video or lyrics if you can!
12. favorite part of the day and least favorite part of the day: can be anything.
13. honeymoon: where did you go? was it good? ;) haha...jk.
14. thoughts on marriage: what is the easiest/hardest part? if you could change anything, what would it be?
15. first place that you lived together: pics if you have them!
16. kids: do you have any yet? if not, when do you plan on it? how many do you want? any tips on good/bad birth control?
17. most recent picture of you and your significant other and what you love most about them :) and any other thoughts.
Since I had both of our stories on our wedding website, I'm going to share it here too...Here goes numero uno!
|On our first trip, April 30, 2012|
The day I met Lisa was a very early morning. I arrived at my work and they told me that a co-worker was sick and I should go in his place. I wasn't very excited but I finally accepted. At this time I worked traveling from Cusco to Puerto Maldonado on a bus, as passenger assistant. My favorite part, and the main reason for working at this place, was that during the trips I would put on movies so the passengers wouldn't get bored. I had total freedom to show whatever I wanted and I liked this a lot.
The bus was going straight to Cusco and I was hoping to talk to someone so I went up to a woman who was seated behind Lisa. I remember I sat next to the woman and told her I was bored and wanted to talk to someone. So I began asking questions, as if it were an interview about her life, until she got bored and stopped answering, more and more frequently.
Just then I saw Lisa. Hours before we had crossed paths in the walkway and spoke a little. I knew she was an English and Math teacher at a school in Cusco. I said to myself Talk, it's now or never. I was very happy I did, we were talking for a long while. I liked to listen to her and feel that she listened to me, so much so that I forgot about my job and the bus was abandoned, the majority of people bored. I felt remorse and went to put on a movie (Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kids). We were already almost arriving and I stood to the side of the door, waiting to give her my phone number or to know some way to contact her.
It was a huge surprise that she approached me with a seed that she had brought from Puerto Maldonado. She gave it to me and told me to call her. I looked in my hand and on the seed was written her phone number. My heart beat very fast and I had a huge smile. I got off the bus, very happy, walked a few blocks, it started to rain a lot. I found a public phone and invited her to go out that night, she accepted, and arrived a few minutes late.
Later we went to a bar to listen and have conversations with each other, the same way we had before. I was happy that my friend had gotten sick that day and that I had traveled in his place to have this grand opportunity to have met this fantastic and loving girl who will be my wife.
|Our first picture together, April 22, 2012|
I had just gone to Puerto Maldonado with some friends and enjoyed the plants, animals, and beauty of the jungle. We were returning just as we had come, 8 hour bus ride. We left early in the morning, it must have been about 8am and I'm sure we were looking lovely. We decided to get bus-cama (reclining) seats and not many other people were on the bus. So I was relaxing and hoping there may possibly be a good movie on. I didn't have high hopes considering on previous long bus-rides I had to zone out from watching Beverly Hills Chihuahua. The first movie was The Graduate, then proceeded by Charlie Chaplin and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. I was thoroughly entertained, what a surprise!
Then the attendant boy comes by, with his tattoos and hair parted. His tattoos suggested he was interesting and open-minded. He sat next to a lady a few rows behind us. He said ''I'm bored and want to have a conversation. Tell me something". The lady was not interested in talking. So I turned around and asked him something. From there we were talking for most of the ride back, except for when he had to pretend to be working. We talked about many things and it was exhilarating to have such an interesting conversational partner.
After we returned to Cusco, I knew I wanted to see him again. I thought, why not take a chance. So I wrote my phone number on a seed that I found in the jungle and gave it to him upon getting off the bus, my heart beating the whole time. He asked if I wanted to meet later that evening and I said sure.
That's where it all started. We met up that evening and stayed up all night talking and watched the city lights from the top of the town. I'm still in love with the sweet guy I met that day and am excited to share so many more memories together.
Thanks for joining, see you soon!