Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Lemon Rosemary Wanna-be Margarita



Hey friends! I wasn't planning on posting today, but it's hard not to when there's such a fun challenge with Melyssa's Creative Collective. I love this link-up of crafty projects and experimentation. Today's prompt is concocting a cocktail, which I should really start doing more often.

I wanted to try out the lemon-rosemary combo...Original thought was a margarita, but there wasn't any. A friend put it perfectly, saying "when you don't have tequila for a margarita...use rum". Catchy, huh? Well, that's pretty much what happened. This recipe was heavily experimental and it turned out really nice! 

Ingredients
- Margarita mix
- dark rum (or...tequila!)
- 1 tsp honey
- a few sprigs of rosemary
- 1/2 lemon

I like that I tried using honey in a cocktail - but it may not have been necessary since Margarita mix is darn sweet on it's own. Maybe a bit more water instead of mix.


First I infused the honey, lemon juice, and rosemary by heating in the microwave for less than 10 seconds. Since the honey has so much sugar, it will heat super fast. 


Then, I poured in some rum and probably triple the margarita mix. I poured it all into the blender, added ice and blended it up into an ice-y froth. Garnish if you like. This is great for summer and I'll definitely be making it again - who knows, maybe with tequila ?!




Did you join the link-up? What's your favorite cocktail? Cheers, all!


The Creative Collective


Signature photo Signature_zpsabfa935f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment