Wondering what you can do with chickpeas? This recipe is great for chickpea burgers, serve with bun or just by itself with a salad and some rice.
It's very simple and easy - the most time consuming part is soaking the chickpeas overnight.
2 cups soaked or canned chickpeas
1/2 cup avocado
1 egg (or 2 egg whites)
1/3 cup finely chopped celery
3/4 cup bread crumbs
A few cloves of chopped garlic
A few pinches of salt, pepper and curry
1. Chickpeas, avocado, and water in blender/food processor. I blend them on low because I like having some texture.
2. Stir in celery, bread crumbs, egg, and herbs.
3. The mixture should mostly hold it's shape. If not, add some flour until it becomes a good consistency.
4. Take a small handful and pat into a patty, using a bit on flour on both sides.
5. Oil in a pan and cook it up.
I initially was thinking to make a sort of falafel and it turned into this! It turned into a very successful experiment. So try throwing something else in there too...Maybe sweet potatoes? Any other ideas?