Saturday, June 15, 2013

Expat to Expat Q + A: Travelin'


Happy weekend! Thanks to Belinda and Bailie who are hosting Expat to Expat link-up we have a new theme for June: travel! And a few of my questions were even added in at the bottom, cool! Here we go...

1.  Which airport would you like to never see again? 
I recall Florida is pretty crazy. My parents just had to go through there with a short layover, but luckily made their next flight. Phew what a relief after running across the airport frantically!

2. What is your travel nightmare? 
Missng a flight is never fun. Or loosing things like bank cards, wallet, or phone.
3. Would you rather stay in a fancy hotel and do less activities or stay in a hostel and do more activities?
Hostels and local activities is way more my style! I like to explore and find the hidden little spots to feel like I know the place.
This hostel was so neat because it was full of hammocks and mosaics.
Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica.
 Also, I love couchsurfing.com and WWOOFing when possible!


The volunteer house at a wonderful farm I worked at in Costa Rica.


4. Do you have any pre-travel rituals?
I usually have a little type of reunion with friends and family. I also try to savor every last luxuries about the states, from baths to homemade food.
5. What is your favorite airline to fly with?
Whichever is the cheapest, which definitely doesn’t equate to top-quality. In Europe: Ryan Air. South America: LAN, TACA.
6. If you could take a trip anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I’m dying to drive across the US and explore the state parks!
Roadtripping around Washington and Oregon
7.  How do you survive long haul flights?
Books, music, notebook, and a pillow.
8. What is your favorite stamp in your passport and why?
Hmmm…I suppose Chile and Colombia because they’re multi-colored :)
Questions from Lisa at Meanderings, Adventures & Crafty Inspirations (me!)
    1.    What are your top 3 necessary items for travel?
A large scarf: it’s so versatile! It can be a sling bag, a blanket, head-wrap, first aid bandage….the list goes on.
Notebook and pen: to write contacts, notes, and collect little papers in a new place.
The right shoes: I think we know why this one’s important.
 2.    What is your favorite off the beaten track trip in your current home?
This is a tough one, because there’s so many. I loved my trip to Quillabamba and wandering around the non-touristy towns outside of the city, finding waterfalls and all kinds of tropical vegetation! A blog on this trip is comin’ soon.

Thanks for joining and looking forward to seeing everyone else's responses!

No comments:

Post a Comment