Sunday, May 5, 2013

Photographic Ode to Creatures


Welcome to the second photography series. I noticed that I started taking animal pictures after my 1st trip to Costa Rica. Probably because the creatures are so huge and different than any I had ever seen before. Now I always try to capture interesting creatures on camera. (All photos are taken and edited by myself, unless otherwise noted.)



* * *

Costa Rica 

A little monkey eating fruit up in the trees!


These bright red, purple, and black crabs were
everywhere on our off-the-road adventure in Santa Rosa.


BIG bugs!




* * *
Hawaii

There were a bunch of turtles that came onto shore for a few days. 


California

On my visit home, I took lots of morning walks in the hills. Pulgas Reserve.

Kisses! Vivid memories of Girl Scout Camp and Outdoor Ed.


Lovely little bees in Sonoma County.


This guy looks like a grump. A day in Muir Woods.


Beautiful dragonfly resting, Silver Lake.



* * *
Peru

Cusco and nearby


Family mule, Luquina Chica family homestay.




Rooster of Choquequirao.
Photography: Megan Boyle
Cuy castle in Pisac - read more


Land of llamas at Huchuy Cusco. Photography: Diane Patterson


Gorgeous parrot at Ccotahuasi Animal Rescue.


Puerto Maldonado - Quillabamba (jungle)

We almost stepped on this guy, hanging out under the orange trees.


The tarantula that was in my shoe (and didn't want to come out).


Just a little snack ;)


Aren't creatures magnificent? Hopefully you had as much fun seeing these as I did creating this. Do you have a favorite animal? 

Stay tuned for next Photographic Ode to Funny Things!



No comments:

Post a Comment